29 July 2016

Bubble Mark - The Good Book


One of my co-workers, at my day job, was looking for a bookmark for her niece's upcoming birthday and her niece is an avid reader. I thought Becky Bubbles (from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps) reading in the bath would be fun book mark. I love reading in the bath.

Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps blog 27 July Wonderful Wednesday chanllenge: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp blog 27 July Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage 21 July: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Crafty 27 July: Anything Goes

Supplies

Putting It Together

I decided I wanted to do a stenciled background, but none of the stencils I currently own were what I wanted to use. So, thought I, how about making one. I had a new die I bought at a local scrapbooking store's garage sale on the weekend that I thought would be perfect.


Using some thin plastic from packaging (i.e. the unprinted backing from a clear stamp set), I ran the border die through my Big Shot a few times to create a re-usable stencil. The die name indicates those are blooms, but they look a bit star-like to me, too.


I stamped and masked Becky, adding a strip of masking to the top and bottom, too. I intentionally stamped part of her towel off the panel and out of the scene.


I sponged on 1 and 2 to give an all over colour and then stenciled on 3 and 4 with my newly cut stencil. When I removed the mask, Becky was ready for painting.



I watercoloured Becky with Distress Inks and Vintage patina ink, Aged Bronze, for the tub's metal feet. I added touches of highlights with white and silver gel pens.


I used a partial cutting with a circle die to round the top and added a sparkly sheer ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. Love your idea for the background!! Beautiful book mark! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag . Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck Ginny DT for Creative Craft Cottage
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this bookmark, so cute! Thanks for the tutorial too. Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bookmark! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.