05 September 2016

Anniversary in White


Most of the time when I am making cards for challenges, I try to combine them for an added self-challenge. This time, white and wedding/anniversary was an easy linking, but the challenge still is in making a nearly all white card. White with silver accents limited to the sentiments and a pair of hearts. The background of entwining hearts and the beaded frame of pearls also speak to the theme of love.

Challenges

Crazy for Challenges: All White 
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday: CAS
Addicted to Stamps and More: CAS
Creative Moments: Anniversary/Wedding
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

I have loved this entwining hearts embossing folder from first I laid eyes on it. It makes a great white on white background for this card full of love.


I recently got a Misti and absolutely love it for getting a crisp complete image. I used Versamark to stamp sentiment from the Sweet Summer Sentiments from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and then embossed it in a bright silver.


Dry fitting after creating the elements: I die cut a stitched rectangle and then embossed it with the entwined heart. I die cut the beaded oval from both the Soft Finish White card stock and the silver. I considered using the silver but it looked too heavy. I did, however, keep the silver hearts I die cut at the same time. Since I still don't have any simple oval dies, I trimmed the oval on the sentiment from the inside edge on the beaded oval.


I used foam mounting tape for the sentiment oval.


I cut one more beaded oval out of Neenah 110 lb and glued the two white ovals together for strength. I used the Recollections adhesive foam circles because they fit nicely on the bigger beaded dots. For the small ones, I cut each adhesive circle into thirds. With both the thicker card stock and the foam circles, the dimension of the beaded circle is subtly different than the sentiment's dimension.


I attached the hearts directly to the card and adhered everything to a card base from Neenah 110 lb Solar White. I added a Stampin' Up pearl to each of the beads in the beaded circle, medium sized pearls for the large beads and small pearls for the smalls.


Matching the silver embossing on the front, I added a simple sentiment to the inside. I debated using "congratulations" but I like font better on this "Happy Anniversary!" (also from a KKS set).


Even with the addition of pearls, the card has a very clean and simple look.


I also used the KKS September sketch to help with the layout.


Truly a sentiment I wish for all couples.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the white on white! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talent; BEAUTIFUL Card. . . Wished I could Make one like that. I am Not too Good at these Fancy cards. :(

      Delete
  2. Beautiful white on white card!! I love it :)

    Thanks for joining us this week @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card. Love the dies and beautiful embosing folder. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moment Challenge.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant card! Love the embossing and sparkle of gems! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.