16 October 2016

Fall BIrthday


For a birthday in fall, a wish for bountiful blessings.


This card uses Impression Obsession stamps and dies. Birthday circle cut outs are the foundation for glittered squares. Leafy stamps create the background.

Challenges

Impression Obsession challenge blog: Fall Birthday
Emerald Creek Dares: Falling Into Celebration
Southern Ridge: Fall
Scribbles Designs challenge: Fabulous Fall 
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Crazy 4 Challenges: sketch
The Crafty Addicts: Autumn Colours
Fab 'n' Funky: Lots of Sparkle
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination: Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-crafty: Anything Goes

Supplies


Putting It Together

I have only a few stamps and dies from Impression Obsession but my collection is growing. I had an idea in my head for this card but hit a frustration wall when I felt like something was missing. I took a break today and went to a local scrapbooking store, Country Lane. It was my first time going there and I was pleased they have a few Impression Obsession items. I struggled to be a good girl and not buy more, but I did get a couple things that ended up being exactly what I needed for this card.


I applied an adhesive sheet to card stock and then die cut the release paper. I put the release paper back on my squares so I could remove cut areas to add glitter to the designs.


This glitter technique has a stunning effect. I used Fall colours for the glitters.


One of the challenges is a sketch. I made 4 of the birthday circles to place in the 4 corners.


Using the Misti, I stamped leaves on to a panel of Natural White.


I filled in the small spaces with the smaller leaf and added in leaves of the lightest colour as well.


To add a bit of sparkle to the background, I brushed on Perfect Pearls Copper. This also gives them a slight metallic sheen.


And the panel was done.


I cropped the leaf panel and added it to a matting of orange dotted vintage from Bo Bunny.


The background panel was affixed directly to the card base. The birthday circles, with an additional present, were "popped up" with foam mounting tape. I added 2 gold Little B leaves to the centre to echo the leaves in the background. I also added 3 drops of Chocolate Liquid Pearls.


I used some of the scrap from trimming the leaf panel to add decoration to the inside of the card and added a nice wish. The card implies the birthday theme from the cake and party on the front. Bountiful blessings are a worthy wish for a birthday.





11 comments:

  1. What lovely colours you've use. Really looks like autumn. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a pretty card! The background is so pretty and sparkly! I love the squares and all the fun images! Fun design!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Seize the Birthday!
    Sherrie K
    Surprise Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card Rijacki. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card... I love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the step by step photos! What a terrific card and a lot of work! Your efforts were noted! Thanks for playing along with the team and I at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great birthday card and loving the colors. Thanks for sharing over at Inspiration Destination.
    Billie A
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us… your card is beautiful and sparkly and fits perfectly with our Fabulous Fall challenge theme… hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
    [Diane Louise, DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]


    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the texture on this. Sorry, I'm so late in visiting. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab tutorial, I think the background paper is awesome! Lovely to see autumn colours and some sparkle! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Good Luck! :)
    Annabel - Crafty Addicts DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love the colours! Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs...

    Sandy S
    Owner & Designer of Scribbles Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, wow! Love your colors, love your design, love those products! I need to go to Impression Obsession and take a look-see!! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Scribbles Designs Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.