28 January 2017

Huge Kisses!


Acute little elephant looking for HUGE kisses.

Supplies


Challenges

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday challenge: White
The Crafty Addicts: Monochromatic
Crafter's Cafe: Photo Inspiration (white and animal)
Crazy 4 Challenges: Squirrel or other Critter
Try It On Tuesday: Anything but Square
Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes
Through the Craftroom Door: Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart: Anything Goes

Putting It Together

I got a new stencil from Stampin' Up, Hearts and Stars Decorative Mask, and was itching to use it. I also got the idea to use the cute elephant from Party Animals, one of the stamps sets from the January release of Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, as a valentine focal.  All this because of the KKS Saturday challenge of White *laugh*, Doesn't everyone think of Valentines, elephants, and kisses for white?


Using a tip from Jennifer McGuire, I used Press and Seal on the back of the panel I wanted to use with texture paste and a stencil. I then folded in the 'ears' and pressed it to my work surface to anchor it. This allows an edge to edge treatment.


I positioned the heart stencil over the panel and anchored it to the work surface with Post-Its. 


I used a palette knife to spread Texture Paste gloss transparent over the stencil.

After spreading the texture paste, I removed the stencil and left the panel to dry. I also, immediately, rinsed the stencil with warm water. 


White the texture paste dried, I painted and fussy cut the elephant. 


The elephant is part of the Party Animals set. I stamped the image and then trimmed the elephant out to use him alone. 


I kept the painting very simple since I wanted a white elephant. I used Distress Ink, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood, and a touch of Worn Lipstick. I also used Perfect Pearls Confetti White to give him a soft sheen.


When the texture paste dries, it's glossy and clear for a dimensional touch.


I used a embossing folder from Stampin' Up to add texture to a panel of white with a hint of gold. I then dry fit my elements after trimming the heart panel.


I made a double flagged banner with the outside sentiment. I made the sentiment by combining parts from two different KKS sets. "Huge" from Party Animals and "Kisses" from Celestina Angel. I used masking while stamping with the Misti. I had to do each word on its own because Party Animals is a clear photopolymer set and Celestina Angel is a foam mounted rubber set. 

I adhered the dot embossed panel directly to the card base (made from Elizabeth Craft Design soft white 100lb card stock) and popped up the heart panel with foam mounting tape. I also popped-up the elephant and sentiment banner. The hearts are more subtle in the pictures than in person.


For the inside, I added one more stamp set and a colour pop. 




7 comments:

  1. Its a really adorable image on your lovely card. Thank you for joining us at try it on Tuesdays this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super cute card! Love the sweet image and the fabulous textures.
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a adorable card design. Love the details, digi and great colors. Thank you for your entry in the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh love this card. An I love that sweet elephant!!!! Thanks for joining us for our Anything goes challenge this week at Through the Craft Room door. I hope you will join us again next week.
    Linda TTCRD DT
    laydybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card and design! Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love that sweet elephant and the fun heart background!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I do read every one. Your comments help me to grow as an artist. It warms my heart to see wonderful comments and constructive criticism.